The program is designed to cover the informational need of doctors (patient’s details, medical history, progress notes, ledger, day-to-day appointment schedule and recalls) as well as to keep track of all digital images that are captured through the use of digital hardware. A special application (BSVISION) that is incorporated in the software uses various functions for the enhancement of all digitally stored images (formats supported: TIFF and JPEG).
The program is available in Greek as well as English but can be easily turned to any other language.
BSMed is windows based, can facilitate one or more users and can be run on a Local Area Network.
BASIC SOFTWARE FUNCTIONS
- Maintenance of Patient’s File divided into the following subcategories:
- Basic Record (name, address, phone numbers, age and other demographics)
- Additional Record (Blood group, insurance number, notes etc)
- Family Record (additional family members)
- Medical History (with Alarms)
- Questionnaire (easily adaptable to the needs of each installation)
- Progress notes divided by organ category (e.g. lungs, liver, pangreas etc depending on the doctor’s specialty)
- Medical History – Examination - Findings
- Diagnosis - Treatment
- Frequently followed therapies / common diagnosies
- Medical Services per patient
- Financial Ledgers
- Ledger per patient
- Expenses Ledger
- Day to Day and Weekly Calendar (Appointments) using multiple types of appointments according to the clinic’s needs
- Prescription Files.
- Reminders Card (Short term, Long term)
- Phone List (Directory).
The software also includes the BSREPORTS application that produces statistical print outs and lists of data. Some of the possible listings are:
- Patients’ List (catalogued by various fields e.g. name, date-of-birth, recall occurrence etc)
- Financial Lists (patients’ payments, patients’ balances etc)
- Historical Lists (based on treatment implementation schedules)
- Appointment List (by patient or for specific time period)
- All economic data with references to patients, suppliers and dental procedures
The print outs that hold statistical information can also be viewed graphically (with bar and/or pie charts) wherever is possible. Print outs are also designed as labels to facilitate the doctor’s mail and communication with the patients.
BSVision application is software designed for the manipulation of digital images. It has been developed by BSOFT S.A. to escort the BSMED software package. The application stores, manipulates and files images of TIFF and JPEG formats. Images can be acquired by a scanner or digital camera. BSVision incorporates the following tools:
- Image Rotation (Flipping of the original image by x or y axes)
- Negative Image
- Contrast – Brightness
- Measurements (of the actual distances as shown within the image)
- Annotations (keeping notes on the image that can be visible or invisible according to the doctor’s needs)
- Pseudo colors (especially useful when working with the digital x-rays and one needs more clarity as to make a diagnose)
- Histogram Analysis
- Equal Bone Density (specially useful when working with implants)
- Density Analysis (density analysis of soft tissue)
- Pseudo 3D (transforms 2D images into the equivalent 3D for better clarity)
- Tone Correction (to clarify low or hyper exposed images)
Gaussian, Average moving (Noise removing filters)
Median (Low pass filters)
WIENER (Low pass filters)
High pass filters
It must be noted that before an image is viewed, is automatically pre-processed by BSVision with the usage of highly specialized algorithms. If however the result is not the desirable one, the doctor can proceed to further manipulation of the image.